INFORMATION FROM THE CITY OF RED BAY REGARDING THE CURRENT STATE OF AFFAIRS AND THE COVID-19 VIRUS
With the President of the United States and the Governor of Alabama both declaring a State of Emergency in an effort to slow the spread of the COVID-19, also known as the Coronavirus, the City of Red Bay is continuing to make our most important goal protecting our citizens and our employees.
The City of Red Bay will make the following changes in some services and facilities to protect our citizens and our city employees as well as others who work or are connected within the city operations:
- All youth and adult league sports will be postponed until further notice
- Practices will not be allowed on the Dixie Youth Fields or at the Red Bay School facilities
- The Municipal Court Date set for April 3, 2020 has been rescheduled to April 24, 2020 at 9 A.M. If you have any questions, please contact the City of Red Bay Court Clerk at 256-356- 4473 ext. 2
- The Weatherford Library will be closed to the public until further notice.
- The City of Red Bay Senior Center will be closed effective Tuesday, March 17,2020 for daily senior activities; however, the home bound meal program will continue as usual.
The City of Red Bay Police Department will continue to serve and protect the citizens of Red Bay.
Red Bay City Hall will be open normal business hours; however, we ask that you call City Hall first, for any needs you may have, instead of coming to City Hall. Garbage and brush pickup will continue as normal. Our city staff in all departments will be able to answer any questions you may have and lend help in any way possible. Please call City Hall at 256-356-4473 if you need additional information or require assistance. The City of Red Bay will continue our best efforts to serve the citizens and our businesses in the manner to which each is accustomed.
During these uncertain and changing times, we urge all citizens of Red Bay, all businesses and employees of the City to take necessary precautions to protect yourself and your families. Please follow directions and instructions from the federal, state and local leadership, as well as professionals in disease control. Precautions include frequent hand washing, staying at least 6 feet from others when you are out and avoiding large groups of people.
Please be cautious of information from unfamiliar sources and report any suspicious solicitations to the Red Bay Police Department. Also, please look out for those who may need help. Call or text to check on your elderly neighbors; maybe shop for them or run necessary errands.
WITH A CALM, COMMON SENSE APPROACH TO THIS CHALLENGE, WE WILL SURVIVE THIS! WITH GOD’S HELP, WE ARE RED BAY STRONG!