As we say goodbye to another year and another decade, I can’t help but look back with awe at how God has blessed us so very much! In this decade, I saw God’s divine hand in our home, our church family, our extended family, and in our finances. We saw our boys grow up to be fine young men and we gained a beautiful daughter in law! We saw God open ministry opportunities as we saw many come to Christ! To all of this I say, “TO GOD BE THE GLORY, GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE!”
So, what do I believe God has in store for us as a nation and in the church? Here are some things that I honestly and sincerely believe are about to transpire:
1. I believe that God has opened the windows of Heaven, and that 2020 and beyond will see the greatest economic blessing that America has ever experienced.
2. I believe that the church will begin to take the form of the Bride of Christ that she was meant to be. This will become more evident as we see major denominations splitting. Those who truly want to seek after God will stand and be counted in the face of great adversity within their own churches. This stand for righteousness will result in the greatest revival in the history of mankind.
3. There will be great upheavals in the halls of Congress. God is raising up those who have been called of God to take the places of those who would promote evil in our land.
4. The great corruption that has existed in the two major political parties will be exposed, and the major secular news media outlets will be powerless to stop it. They will have no choice but to report the truth.
5. A woman with great wisdom and integrity is about to make her appearance on the national scene. She is known by a few but soon will be known by many. She is chosen by God to help restore virtue and respect for life in this nation and abroad. The anointing on her will be so strong that people will be automatically drawn to her message.
6. The Third Great Awakening will explode in a much greater way, especially on college campuses and within the secular music scene. Others will soon follow the path of Kanye West.
7. Church as we have known it for several centuries will change altogether. (This one excites me the most!) While major research groups claim the church is dwindling in numbers, the exact opposite is happening. While numbers are shrinking in traditional church settings, the number of Christians is growing at the fastest rate in history. House churches and market churches will become the new norm, especially in major metro areas. I believe God’s spirit will invade even the subway and train stations of America. Gatherings will rise up in the least expected places. Millions will come to know Jesus as their Savior.
8. There will be a tremendous increase in the Prophetic. Child prophets will arise as they once did in France. The wisdom and words that come out of the mouths of these children will astound the world.
9. We will begin to witness live the miracles of God on TV and social media in a huge way.
10. And last but not least, I honestly believe a spirit of unity will once again embrace us as a country.
This is just a fraction of what I believe is about to transpire, but it will take the church seeking God like never before. It will also take a people who will stand up and draw a line in the sand and say, “Enough is enough!”
As a person who is well read and pays attention, I am still completely astounded at how so many can get up and brazenly lie against those who they disagree with. Lying wasn’t a good thing to do when I was a child, and the same is true for today. (God, please give us people who will tell the truth and nothing but the truth!)
In our topsy-turvy world where it seems down is up and up is down, we need now more than ever to ask God what He thinks! I firmly believe that He is still in complete control, and it’s only by His Grace and mercy that his judgment hasn’t fallen on this nation. (I am encouraged though by what I see!)
Hang on to your horse’s folks, the rides about to get really bumpy, but it will be well worth it in the long run! Many things that we have longed for and prayed for are quickly coming to pass. WHAT A DAY TO BE ALIVE! TO GOD BE THE GLORY!
Garry Lovette is an author and counselor whose articles are seen in more than 135 countries of the world. To comment about his article, or to learn more about him, visit www.theawakened1.com